Votes for Women 100
Saturday 30 June 2018, 11 am to 4 pm,
Bristol MShed, Prince’s Wharf, Wapping Road, Bristol BS1 4RN
Join us to commemorate the one hundredth anniversary of votes for women.
This free, drop-in event will include:
- talks, walks, gallery tours
- A showing of the film Make More Noise: Suffragettes in Silent Film,
- a performance of Cicely Hamilton’s 1910 play How the Vote Was Won,
- craft activities for children,
- a “meet the experts” stand where you can find out more about researching the suffrage movement,
- a panel discussion on what the vote has achieved for women and what has yet to be done, with Bristol MP Thangam Debonnaire and other panelists to be announced. Further details to follow.
The West of England and South Wales Women’s History Network has partnered with Bristol MShed, Bristol Libraries, Bristol Outstories, and representatives of the University of the West of England and the University of Bristol to sponsor this event
CELEBRATING MONMOUTHSHIRE WOMEN IN AGRICULTURE 1900 – 2018
Sat 28th April 2018 9.45 – 4.30
Abergavenny Community Centre, Merthyr Road NP7 5BY